Thursday, August 23, 2007

0.8.6 Problems

The bug reports have started to roll in on version 0.8.6. For starters, I had to pull the binary tarballs from the download area because they were compiled incorrectly. The Gambas compiler (gbc) takes several arguments and it appears that I omitted the -p flag, which was causing a crash.

As for the source packages, they compile and run fine. Unfortunately, there are more bugs. The first known bug that I have been able to recreate is a crash after you make a new class and then try to right-click on a student name or in the student column. I have fixed this one and I'm continuing to weed out others.

The next release will only contain bug fixes. I just hope I can squash them all.

I'm sure that as users, these crashes and bugs are frustrating, but your participation in this project is valuable, as you provide me with a prospective that I obviously need. This is a part-time, open-source, and currently unstable piece of software, and I appreciate your patience.

No comments: